Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bettering ourselves and homemade mushroom soup

I was just listening to Joel Osteen as I was also baking a cake.It is 10:30 at night and I am still finishing up.This has been a long day.I have been on my feet so much I decided to skip my exercises,but I did take time to have a bubble bath and that felt nice.jOEL WAS SAYING SOME VERY INTERESTING THINGS AND i FELT VERY INSPIRED AND WANTED TO SHARE IT.Sorry about the caps,it was an accident.Anyway he was talking about making sure we don't get destination disease,where we feel like we have arrived at our destination and not be continuosly striving to go higher with the Lord and in our learning.We need to make a plan of some kind to each day take steps toward a goal and always be putting good things in our minds.I personally have gone through the benefits received when we fill our mind with positive instead of negative.When I had panic attacks,the only way Ihad to control them was to be listening to sermons,reading my bible,or listening to chritian musics.By keeping good things going in it kept the focus off all my fears and insecurities.Even thenI didn't get total victory until I started to consciously choose forgiveness and to speak scripture over myself and family daily.I have heard that you haven't forgiven someone unless you can pray for God to bless them.That was very convicting for me.Joel also stated that if we spend just one hour studying something daily then in three years we will be an expert on that subject.I thoght that was very encouraging because I often don/t have more time than that.So I encourage you alonmg with myself to keep actively learning new things and striving to grow in the LORD.We don't have to learn it all at once.The other thing that caught my attention was that we should seek out people who we admire and strive to be like, and that life is to short to spend your time with those who drag you down with them.We do have a choice about who we hang with .Umm my cake is smelling really good.I am making it for my sister A as she is coming over tomorrow and it is her favorite cake.The thing she really likes is that she can enjoy it guilt-free as I have improvised on the recipe to make it healthy.I have been a little stubborn about sharing the recipe as I invented it butIT IS SO GOOD i DON'T WANT YOU ALL TO MISS IT.i WILL POST IT TOMORROW.Tonight I will post the mushroom soup recipe so we can make it from scratch rather than buying the MSG ladden stuff.I prersonally would probably leave out the roasted red peppers depending on what I am using it for.Also you can substitute whole milk or evaporated skim milk instead of the cream to save fat and calories.
MUSHROOM SOUP
1/4 CUP BUTTER,1 ONION FINALLY CHOPPED
2 BAY LEAVES,2 TSP FRESH ROSEMARY
1 AND A HALF POUND BUTTON MUSHROOMS CHOPPED
2 -14 OZ CANCHICKEN OR VEGETABLE BROTH, 2 CUPS WHIPPING CREAM
1 CUP BOTTLED ROASTED RED PEPPERS,DRAINED
2 TBSP OLIVE OIL
IN PAN MELT BUTTER,ADD ONION,HERBS AND GARLIC,COOK FOR 5 MIN TILL TENDER.ADD MUSHROOMS,COOK AND STIR 5 MIN.ADD BROTH,BRING TO BOIL.REDUCE HEAT,SIMMER UNCOVERED,5 TO 10 MIN MORE,REMOVE BAY LEAVES

IN PROCESSOR OR BLENDER,BIT BY BIT,BLEND SOUP TILL SMOOTH.RETURN SOUP TO PAN,SEASON W/SALT AND PEPPER,BRING TO BOIL.WHISK IN CREAM AND HEAT THROUGH. MASH PEPPERS,STIR IN OIL AND USE THIS MIXTURE TO SPOON ON TOP AT SERVING[OPT]good night and enjoy

2 comments:

Grace Acres said...

Virginia, I am so jealous of the cake. I also loooovvvveee it! Anyhow thanks for the soup recipe I am excited to try it.

katrina said...

The soup sounds really good. Although I would like to know what kind of cake that is. I know we can always rely on you for good healthy recipes.