Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2008

Staying in balance


Well today was my birhday so I guess I am now 32 which feels like I am getting up there,but there was a time when I wasn't sure I was going to be around this long so I am thankful for everyday.Unfortunately I was not feeling well so we didn't get a whole lot of celebrating done.A couple of years ago when I was very sick and also recovering from aenorexia and panic disorder one of the things the Lord taught me was the importance of staying in balance in every area.Well, I have been ignoring that a bit too much lately and falling back into the workaholic,no time to rest or have fun pattern.It caught up with me this weekend and I had a bit of a meltdown,and ended up with the flu.So we went out for lunch which made me sick and I was to weak to do anything else except cry and come home for a nap.I told my husband I want a do over when I feel better.After some rest and prayer I realized I HAVE BECOME OUT OF BALANCE again and need to slow down a bit and take some time out for the things that are important to me and my family.Tonight I spent some quality time with the kids and we had a picnic on a blanket in the livingroom and watched snowbuddies.They had a great time and I am feeling much more relaxed.My stomach still hurts but I'm sipping on my own blend of herbal tea which the kids and I just love.I will put the ingredients on the bottom.A neat thing about chihuahuas that you may not know[and is also the reason we have one]is that they can absorb allergies andstress from their owner.In fact a naturopath told me that if someone is having an asthma attack that you help them by putting achihuahua on their chest.They can also absorb emotions which is why they have largely the temperament of their owners.Also why their some mean little dogs out there.Well my little guy had rough day today with me feeling the way Iwas because he snuggled up to take anap with me and suddenly jumped down and threw up all over.He actually absorbed it from me and this happens everytime Iget sick in my stomach.I do mlove my little guy.I'm also posting a recipe for a healthy chocolate mousse that someone has requested.First the tea:

this is for a 10 cup pot tea

2tbsps dried lavendar flower

2tbsp chamomile flowers

2tbsp dried echinacea

2 tbsp dried dandelion leaves

1 tbsp peppermint

This makes a strong tea so if you want it weaker you can add more water,but I prefer to use it medicinally.These are for relaxing and immune boosting and tummy soothing as well.

CHOCOLATE MOUSSE

1 BAR TOFU [around 12 ozs or so],1/3 CUP COCOA OR MELTED DARK CHOCOLATE

1/3 CUP AGAVE NECTAR OR HONEY

1/4 CUP ALMONDOR CASHEW BUTTER[CAN BE LEFT OUT]

1 TSP VANILLA

PUT ALL IN A BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR AND PUREE TILL SMOOTH AND SILKY

POUR INTO CONTAINER OR PIE CRUST AND CHILL

IF YOU ADD THE NUT BUTTER IT IS RICHER AND ALSO MAKES A WONDERFUL FROSTING ON CAKE. ENJOY AND REMEMBER ,IF WE DON'T EVER SAY NO TO OTHERS WE MAY BE SAYING NO TO GOD ,OURSELVES AND OUR FAMILIES.JOIN ME IN MAKING AN EFFORT TO RELAX AND STAY BALANCED IN ALL WE DO.GOD BLESS


2 comments:

katrina said...

So sorry to hear that you didn't have a very good birthday. I hope you are feeling better today, and that you can have that do over. Katrina

Grace Acres said...

We will have to make your do over awesome. You are this much better than you were several years ago, now you admit the changes you need to make. God Bless