Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Setting goals

Well I just finished my exercises,but how can you just sit when your watching biggest loser?I sure can't,anyway.How about them awesome people.They sure have willpower and strength.I feel so proud of all the contestants for their hardwork,but also for all of those out there who are working hard at becoming healthier.That brings me to my subject,Idon't know about the rest of you but God has been talking to my heart lately about my priorities and Italked a little bit about that yesterday.From now on I am taking time to think and pray about my goals I should set daily and write them down .Each day I commit to with Gods help to make time for those goals.Also I want to set long term goals and take steps toward those goals.Not run ahead of God but along side of him.A few of my goals I will share with you,regular exercise,daily time with God,more time playing with my chidren and less time cleaning and studying my courses daily.I commit to making time for dates with my husband and to keep striving to be a better person.I will pray for any one else who is ready to make time for their priorities and ask that you do the same for me.YEAH Ali won the biggest loser challenge. I just finished watching it and had to butt in.It just goes to show what we can accomplish if we put our mind to it especially if wehave god backing us up.I have experienced first hand how consistency can pay off.When I was overcoming the aenorexia I made a choice and God took it from there.It has been almost 6 years since it almost took my life but I focus on making good choices to get healthier and for a long time it didn't feel like it was getting me any where.I didn't feel good right away and my health didn't improve very fast because I was so run down,but now I am finally starting to see the payoff.I also have more energy and teach my kids about why it is important to eat healthy.In fact my son when offered a hamburger immediately plucked the bun off[I never eat my bun]and was asked whyhe was doing that.He said because white bread turns to glue and then I can't poop.Oh yes I have taught them well. haha.At afamily barbecue they had hotdogs and my mother in law was just ready to take a bite out of hers when Tinkerbell yelled NO grandma don't eat that .It has pig lips in it.Yes my kids will say anything,but at least I know they are getting health conscious.There is a verse in the bible that says not to let anything contaminate body and spirit so I feel we do have a responsibility to take care of ourselves.After all we can serve the Lord so much better when we feel good.So, I am making myself accountable to you to work on my goals and hopefully we can support each other.God bless you all

1 comment:

katrina said...

Why is always so hard to stick with commitments that we make, specially when it comes to our health and daily time with God. I to need prayer for that. We'll pray for each other.