Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My raw food journey and chocolate pudding recipe

Today I am going to share what I have been up too and the direction I have been feeling God leading me too.For the past two months I have been eating 80 % and more of raw foods and it is the best thing I ever did.My heavy periods are finally normalising and my gray hairs are disappearing .Even the minor wrinkles I had are starting to dissapate.And that is only two months.Don't get me wrong ,you do have some cleansing reactions going on and so keeping your colon going good is very important to keep the toxins out.Greens are by far the most important food as far as I and many others are concerned,so I like to make sure that each meal consists of greens in it.I still cheat and fall off the wagon but then I get right back on .Each time the food I used to eat is getting less satisfying and doesn't taste as good as I remember and it sure doesn't feel good on my cleaner digestive system.My hearing has improved dramatically as well as sense of taste and smell/I had to by organic makeup because I could smell all the chemicals in my other make-up.My husband after seeing the changes in me has quit drinking mountain dew and wants to start eating more raw foods.The kids have already been eating about 50 to 60 percent raw just because they eat alot of fresh fruits and vegetables and drink their green smoothies.Ultimately every person should be getting at least a pound of greens a day and kids half a pound.This is done very simply in smoothies,popsicles ,salads and lightly steamed.The dehydrator helps a lot in transition because you can make almost anything taste like cooked food in that and still have it be raw.I made a raw zucchini pasta with cashew alfredo and brazil nut parmesan that my family loved and I warmed it on the dehydrator.I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't tryed it.The reason I feel God led me to this is because I have been praying fo a ayear now for God to lead me to the healthiest way to eat so I can fully get my health back and get off my medications and also for my kids to overcome thir allergies and hyperactivity.Then out of the blue I start to hear about it everywhere I turned and every book I checked out of the library and I was getting all my info from christians too.It is not a matter of religion just how healthy do you want to be and how much do you have to overcome.I personally have a lot to recover from and know I need more extreme measures.We all need more raw foods then we get though regardless of who we are.I started small with a five day daniel fast,where you eat nothing but raw friuts and vegetables and felt so energetic and happy.Yes it is a powerful mood booster.After that I was like I want to keep feeling this way so I started researching it more and gradually changing my foods as I could handle it.The RAW DIVAS .com has an awesome fun website on how to start and provides free support and guidance.http://www.therawdivas.com/index.php We have also been sprouting everything and growing wheat grass.I will have futre post on sprouting and the benefits of the medicinal grasses and how cheap it is to grow yourself,not to mention easy.My ten year old does most of the sprouting thats how easy it is .The link I have provided will also give excellent guidance and is a very fun website.The recipe I have provided today is for pudding lovers so you don't feel deprived.It is amazing how much it tastes like real pudding and is so nutritious the kids could eat it for breakfast.It does take young coconuts which are the green or white ones and has a soft gel like meat.I get mine buy the case for adiscount at my local thai store.They are the best places to get your coconuts as they have much better prices.Now forthe pudding
1 cup of young coconut meat
1/2 to 3/4 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup soaked pitted dates
1/4 cup agave or raw honey[you can add more if you want it sweeter but stevia would be better,even natural sweets need to be kept in moderation]
blend till smooth and creamy and add 1 tbsp vanilla,then take half out and put 1/4 cup of carob or raw cacoa to the other half.layer in parfait dishes and add some sliced bananas and chopped nuts.This is so delicious you won't believe it.
If you don' want to use the coconut meat then check out my earlier posts on choclate pudding made with avacodo.I hope you enjoy this.I will keep you p[osted on my journey and my families.My son has been having some issues and we feel this what we need to do for him to really help.I will write more on that next time.Check out my links to learn more.God bless you.

1 comment:

Grace Acres said...

I think I might try the raw food thing this summer. I love meat tho so it may only be 50%