Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Zoo days and coconut crust recipe,homemade vitamin c




FIRST CAMEL RIDE TOO.The kids and there painted faces.Also me and my sister-in-law.We had a great time.






We have had a hot week this week as Iam sure most of you can relate.Also this week was L&L zoo days,which is when our local grocery store gives out free admission tickets for any one to go to the zoo 2 days every summer.They also have face painting ,free snacks and drinks and bouncy houses for the kids to jump in.It is always a lot of fun and we go every year.This is the first time I ever got my face painted though and probably wouldn't have done that except my sister-in-law dragged me over there and we did it together.PRETTY COOL.THE REST OF THE WEEK WAS A LITTLE ROUGHER AS hANDSOME HAD A WISDOM TOOTH GIVING HIM A LOT OF GREIF AND GOT IT PULLED,AND WAS ON VICODIN FOR A FEW DAYS.Sorry about the caps,Ididn't realize it.My monthly visitor came as well and so Thursday both me and hubby were not feeling so well.I CAME ACROSS a yahoo group that is all about health and so I SPENT A COUPLE OF hours there since I DIDN'T FEEL SO AMBITIOUS.Today we went to church with my in-laws as we were all meeting at Applebees for their anniversary lunch,so that was nice.The kids were excited because they got a kid ice cream sundae although the sugar left them a bit hyper.WE TOOK THEM HOME AND LET THEM RUN IT OFFin the pool.TWO great movies this weekend that we watched were COLLEGE ROADTRIP,and MEET THE ROBINSONS.If you want good clean humor and moving sentiment in a movie those two were it.WE loved them.I came across this recipe for homemade vitamin C and thought I WOULD PASS IT ALONG.



Take a few organic [has to be organic] citrus fruits.THOUROGLY wash thefruits then peel.Dehydrate the peels till they are super dry or they will get fungus.Once they are dry enough,grind them in a coffee grinder and immedietly onto a cold plate.The reason for the cold plate is that the grinding can generate enough heat to star destroying vitamins if not cooled right away.Store your powder in a sealed container in the freezer and use 1TSP A DAY .



I have been making a lot of coconut milk bnecause I am making coconut milk kefir for us and was trying to think of ways to use the coconut pulp that is left over.It pains me to waste food.So I MIXED IT WITH FLAXMEAL ,SOME COCONUT OIL,STEVIA AND CINNAMON,then spread it on parchment paper and slowly baked it in the oven and let it dry out.walah CRACKERS.I also sprinkled a little raw sugar on top.Then it came to me that it would make an awesome crust for pies or tarts that is gluten -free.It was really yummy any way.Bonus for me is I am not wasting and my kids always want crackers,and I have been wanting a crispy gluten -free crust alternative to graham cracker crumb..



I have some pictures from the zoo as well to share with you .Hope you all have a God filled happy day.

3 comments:

katrina said...

The face painting looks cute. I will have to make those crackers. Little G loves crackers, and as you know we always need vit. c. Thanks a bunch.

Grace Acres said...

I have never riden a camel, they always seem to sticnk and spit. But you guys looked like you were having fun.

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

virginia...love your hair!!!!