Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

All about oatmeal







I hope today has been a great day for everyone.It has been pretty good for me.Busy as usual.I seem to have a hard time getting to my blogging lately but things should slow down soon.Today we went over to my sisters to pick strawberries because her patch is overflowing so that was a real blessing.I am sure most of you have heard about little misters hospital stay.W hat a rough time they have all had.We had big mister staying with us and he was good as gold but you could tell he was getting homesick.It was so cute the way he pushed the kittens around in a stroller and read them stories.He loves my kittens.My kids enjoyed having him there and wondered if we could keep him.I didn't think that his parents would go for that so we gave him back.They all seem to be doing better now though.I have a client coming in the morning so I have been up cleaning and making sure everything is in order.It is kind of late but I wanted to post a few recipes that we really like.Oatmeal is something that is affordable and healthy and good to replace wheat in a lot of things as a lot of people are allergic to wheat.Summer is especially wheat allergy provoking as the fatty acids that the sun burns up in our bodies causes wheat sensitivities.So it is a good time to eat our oats,although if you are low in iron it is not good for you.Get your iron up first.I forgot to mention but I cut my hair and it is the shortest I have ever gone.I am still in a bit of shock and getting used to it.But I wanted to get rid of the dry hair that I HAD FROM A FOOLISH BLEACH JOB i DID IN an attempt to go red.BAD IDEA.Black is the only color for me.

Here is a recipe for granola balls;

GRANOLA BALLS

1/2 CUP PEANUT BUTTER,1/2 CUP ALMOND BUTTER,2/3 CUP BROWN RICE SYRUP,OR 1/2 CUP OF HONEY or agave nectar,1/2 TSP VANILLA,MIX TOGETHER.ADD 3/4 CUP RAISINS OR DRIED CRANBERRIES,3 TBSP CAROB OR COCOA POWDER,2 TBSP SESAME SEEDS,1/2 CUP CAROB CHIPS UNSWEETENED OR DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS[OPTIONAL]1 AND1/4 CUP OATS, MIX ALL TOGETHER AND FORM IN TO BALLS,i ALSO ADDED 2 TBSPS PROTEIN POWDER.KEEP IN FRIDGE

HOMEMADE GRANOLA CEREAL[i make this to save money and it is healthier and more filling]6 cups oatmeal,2 cups raw sugar 1 CUP OLIVE OIL AND 1STICK BUTTER MELTED OR COCONUT OIL,1 AND 1/2 CUP PROTEIN POWDER,1 CUP FLAXSEED MEAL,1 CUP WHEAT GERM[OPTIONAL],1 TBSP BAKING SODA 1 TBSP VANILLA,2 TBSP CINNAMON,1 CUP FINELY CHOPPED NUTS,1 CUP SUNFLOWER SEEDS,1 AND HALF CUP WATER,STIR TOGETHER,TILL CRUMBLY AND SMALL CHUNKS THEN SPREAD OUT IN A BAKING SHEET AND BAKE AT 250 DEGREES,STIRRING REGULARLY TILL DRY AND SOMEWHAT CRUNCHY, AFTER IT IS DONE YOU CAN ADD RAISINS BUT IF YOU PUT THEM IN BEFORE THEY BURN.VERY YUMMY AND ALSO HELPS KEEP THE BOWELS REGULAR.THIS IS THE ONLY CEREAL i CAN EAT IN THE MORNING WITHOUT GETTING A LOW BLOOD SUGAR SPELL.http://www.bioinnovations.net/yourhealthtv/energybarshow.html

tHE LINK IS A RECIPE FOR WONDERFUL GRANOLA BARS,I DON'T PUT IN ALL THE DIFFERENT DRIED FRUIT IT CALLS FOR,I JUST USE WHAT EVER NUTS OR FRUIT I HAVE,I WILL ALSO GIVE YOU THE LINK TO HER HEALTHY RECIPES SITEhttp://www.bioinnovations.net/yourhealthtv/recipes.htm

Well I AM signing off for tonight but I hope you find these recipes useful.As always God blees

4 comments:

Grace Acres said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will try the granola balls soon. I do love the haircut and boy what a cute little boy at the top.

katrina said...

I love all these recipes. Now I just have to make them. Hubby would loves these. Good money savers. How black is for you, brown is for me. But I guess that is what God had for us. Love Ya

Miss Lisa said...

All about the oatmeal in your family today ;)

Have you tried steel cut oats with these? I mentioned on your sister's blog, I am fan of McCain's Irish Oatmeal. The oatmeal is steel cut and it adds a great texture.

Thanks for the recipes.

Byler B said...

Virginia - you look so much like Nora Jones.

look -
http://www.uwm.edu/People/kaolkue/images/Norah%20Jones%2001.jpg