Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2008

healthy no-bake cookies and letting your inner child out


Hi there ,HOW ARE YOU ALL?iAM DOING GREAT.Something the Lord has helped me with is how to be a kid[now that i am in my 30s],but I have found it to be so stress relieving. As a child I could never be a child ,we had 8 kids and I was the oldest and we left the amish church, which left us alone and without support.So my sister and I HAD TO CARRY AN ADULT LOAD.IWORKED HARDER WHEN Iwas a child then I do now and I AM A BUSY mother of three.A T 26 IDELEVOPED PANIC DISORDER,WHICH IS ONE OF THOSE THAT HAPPENS TO THOSE WHO NEVER RELAX AND HAVE FUN.AFTER A5 YEAR BATTLE WITH THAT[WHICH i WILL TALK MORE ABOUT LATER FOR THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING AS WELL]God finally braught me to a place of utter trust in Him.Believe me it's a lot more relaxing trusting God then being afraid.But there was still something missing, I found myself being drawn to the park and felt a need to play right along with my kids.Now that is relaxing and good exercise too.I know it may seem corny but I really feel that those of us who have not had a chance to be children need to experience that to have true healing.I dare you to let your inner child out.I am even sending a picture to motivate you.You can't look sillier than me.

Now about the cookies,you will dicover that my real identity is cookie monster.I love cookies and last night I was having a craving for no-bake cookies but didn't want all the sugar and the sugar rush that goes with it,so I came up with these,

1/2 cup coconut oil

1/2 cup honey

3/4 cup xylitol[you can use another1/2 cup honey if you don't have this, but it won't be low glycemic]

3or 4 tbsps whey protein powder

1/3 cup water

1/3 cup cocoa

3squares bittersweet baking chocalate

melt all these together in a saucepan leaving the powder to add last

simmer till bubbly[be careful not to burn]

pour over 2 and1/2 cups to three cups of oatmeal

add 1/3 cup peanut butter[preferably natural]

stir all together quickly and scoop out on a plate with a teaspoon

it will get stiff if you don't work quickly because of the protein powder

These cookies are delicious and really conquors those chocalate cravings without ruining your good intentions

2 comments:

katrina said...

This sounds really good, and even better is that it looks like it's really easy. I will have to try this. I know my better half will love them.

Grace Acres said...

You look like you are having great fun, I will try to be a kid more with my own children.